The iPad Mini has finally been unveiled by Apple after months of rumors and they all proved to be true with a 7.9 inch screen that features a 1,024-by-768-pixel resolution like the 9.7 inch iPads. The Mini is 53 percent lighter and 23 percent thinner while also sporting a dual-core Apple A5 processor, a 5-megapixel iSight camera, 802.11n Wi-Fi, LTE capability, Lightning connector, and a 10-hour battery life. View the full specs of the iPad Mini below.
Full iPad mini specs:
- Comes in Wi-FI and Wi-Fi+ Cellular models
- 7.2mm thick— 23 percent thinner, “as thin as a pencil,” etc.
- 53 percent lighter, 0.68 lbs, “as light as a pad of paper,” etc.
- Colors: black with slate, white with silver
- 7.9-inch diagonal
- Exact same pixels as previous-generation iPad: 1,024-by-768—all software works unchanged
- 163 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Bezels: made of aluminum, where as Android is plastic (Schiller comparing iPad mini to Nexus 7)
- FaceTime HD camera: 1.2MP photos, 720p HD video, FaceTime video calling over Wi-Fi or cellular, Face detection, Backside illumination
- 5MP iSight camera: 5MP photos, Autofocus, Face detection, Backside illumination, Five-element lens, Hybrid IR filter, ƒ/2.4 aperture
- Video recording: 1080p HD video recording, Video stabilization, Face detection, and Backside illumination
- 802.11a/b/g/n, Ultrafast LTE wireless
- Battery: Built-in 16.3-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery, charging via power adapter or USB to computer system, 10 hours of battery life (ad: “largest and thinnest single-cell battery we have ever designed”)
- Dual-core A5
- Lightning connector, 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack, built-in speaker, microphone
- Supports AirPlay Mirroring to Apple TV (second and third-generation) at 720p and AirPlay video streaming to Apple TV (third-generation) at up to 1080p and Apple TV (second-generation) at up to 720p